COVID-19 & Vaccine Information & Resources
In these unprecedented times, DRT staff are continuing to work remotely while our offices are closed to protect the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities and provide guidance to our community to ensure inclusion and accessibility for all. Below you will find information, resources, and guidance specific to COVID-19. We will be updating regularly.
Quick Links to Resource Sections
- Read how DRT has expanded our services in response to COVID-19.
- DRT Intake is still receiving calls 1-800-342-1660 and emails GetHelp@disabilityrightstn.org. Please reach out for information and referral.
- DRT is continuing to monitor institutions for abuse and neglect through new telemonitoring methods.
- DRT is safeguarding inclusive access to goods and services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Efforts include ensuring effective communication for individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing when ordering and picking up fast food through a drive thru.
- DRT is working to ensure students with Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and 504 Plans receive supplemental materials that supports their plans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- DRT is gathering resources and information pertaining to education.
- DRT is monitoring the impacts of COVID-19 on individual's with disabilities' employment needs.
- DRT is developing resources and services to address medication shortages and access issues.
- DRT is continuing our systemic advocacy for disability rights issues arising during the pandemic. For example, DRT jointly filed an OCR complaint March 27, 2020 about the COVID-19 treatment rationing plan in Tennessee, which resulted in significant changes to Tennessee policy. Read about the complaint resolution.
If you have an issue or concern related to COVID-19, contact us at 1-800-342-1660 or at GetHelp@DisabilityRightsTN.org.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
General COVID-19 Information
American Sign Langauge (ASL)
COVID-19 Related Services and Resources
Communication and Visual Supports