DRT Hiring Intake Advocate
Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) seeks an Intake Advocate to be a welcoming voice for individuals with disabilities who contact DRT for services to ensure that they feel heard and understood. The Intake Advocate will help facilitate requests for DRT’s services and support individuals with disabilities who contact DRT through resource referrals. This position will work on a team consisting of one other Intake Advocate and the Intake Director. Ideal candidates possess excellent interpersonal skills and a strong interest in advocating for disability populations.
Who We Are
Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) is a non-profit organization with the mission of protecting the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT was founded in 1978 and as of today has served over 50,000 Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT provides legal advocacy services to people with disabilities across the state with numerous issues, including employment discrimination, safety in schools, abuse and neglect, and access to community resources and services.
What You'll Do
- Respond to calls, letters, and emails to the agency requesting DRT assistance in a timely manner.
- Gather information from the individual seeking assistance in order to assess eligibility for services under various grants.
- Maintain current resources and reference material to be distributed in response to request for information and referral.
- Provide limited additional assistance to individuals; at direction of Intake Director.
- Consult and collaborate with the Intake Team to provide the best information and referrals.
- Help identify trends in intake data in ordr to address gaps in services.
Keys to Success: Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this job, you must posses these values, skills, and abilities:
- attentive listening skills and ability to quickly assess information
- dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- strong oral and written communication skills
- sound professional judgement
- strong organizational and time management skills
- ability to engage in logical analysis
- computers and word processing software proficiency
- ability to work well in teams
- ability to professionally represent DRT
Education requirements are flexible. College degree is preferred; however, experience will always be considered in lieu of a degree.
What Else You Should Know
Equity, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of DRT’s mission, values, and daily practice. We are an equal opportunity employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our team including but not limited to candidates with disabilities, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, professionals from various generations, and veterans.
The position is full-time. In-office work will be required at times. Remote work will be allowed for portions of this position. The salary for this position ranges from $38,000 to $48,000, exact salary depends on experience. We offer excellent benefits such as flexible schedule, remote work, maternity/paternity leave, paid federal and state holidays, and insurance options including medical, vision, dental, life and disability.
If this seems like you, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com