The Client Assistance Program (CAP) is administered by Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT). The goal of CAP is to help people with their problems with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) or Centers for Independent Living (IL) and give information on Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
CAP may be able to help individuals who:
- Need information about vocational rehabilitation services;
- Have been turned down for vocational rehabilitation services;
- Have concerns about services provided by and decisions made by a vocational rehabilitation counselor; or
- Are having difficulty with, or need information about, Centers for Independent Living.
To find out if DRT’s CAP program can help with your issue, please email GetHelp or call the DRT Intake Team at 800.342.1660.
- Client Assistance Program (CAP) article – An overview of the CAP program and services. How can DRT help you?
- Client Assistance Program (CAP) Poster – A poster explaining the CAP program.
- DRT Employment Advocacy Services – Overview of DRT services related to employment advocacy, including the Client Assistance Program (CAP), which assists applicants and clients of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) with VR issues.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Tip Sheet – Tips for a successful Vocational Rehabilitation Experience.
- Getting a Head Start with Vocational Rehabilitation – General information about the VR process and guides for defining personal employment goals.
- Reasonable Accommodations Tip Sheet– A guide to requesting assistance at work based on a disability.
- Your Ticket To Work: What You Need To Know To Keep It Working For You – A flyer from Social Security about the Ticket to Work program.
- Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Fact Sheet – General information about Pre-ETS.
- JAN – Job Accommodation Network – A source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- DRT’s Employment Services: CAP & PABSS – Learn more about DRT’s two employment programs Client Assistance Program (CAP) & Protection & Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS).
- Abuse & Neglect
- Assistive Technology (AT)
- Client Assistance Program (CAP)
- Community Living
- Conservatorship & Guardianship
- Developmental Disabilities
- Disability Rights
- Disaster Planning
- Effective Communication
- Family Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Law Enforcement & Disability
- Long-Term Services & Supports
- Mental Health
- Service Animals
- Social Security
- Supported Decision Making (SDM)