Disability Day on the Hill 2021
At the beginning of every year our community comes together to advocate for the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities at Disability Day on the Hill. In the midst of a pandemic, it’s more important than ever that the voices of Tennesseans with disabilities be heard. However, restrictions due to COVID-19 have limited in-person visits to the Capitol and plans are changing for our community’s biggest annual advocacy event.
This year, Disability Day on the Hill (DDH) will be virtual! There will be several events hosted by Tennessee disability rights organizations all sharing advocacy tools and opportunities.
Ways to Get Involved
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 CT
"How to Advocate in the Time of COVID-19" virtual training
- Meeting with legislators virtually
- Participating in legislative session and committee action
- Engaging with elected officials on social media
- Learning from thought leaders and political pundits
THURSDAY, MARCH 11TH, 2021 – 12:00 CT
Disability Day on the Hill Virtual Town Hall Meeting
Disability Policy Alliance Video: The State of Disability Services
- Panel of self-advocates and state leaders discussing the state of disability services in Tennessee for Disability Day on the Hill 2021. Video will be posted here.