Two Opportunities to Meet with Hamilton County Department of Education!
This spring, join Disability Rights Tennessee and STEP, Inc for two Information Exchange Sessions. Families, caregivers, and educators of children and youth with disabilities are invited to hear directly from the Hamilton County Department of Education (HCDE) about their vision and services for students with disabilities in the county. Ample question and answer time will be provided for you to speak directly with HCDE representatives.
Two dates will be offered. You are invited to attend one or both.
|Tuesday, March 10||Tuesday, April 14|
|5:30 – 8:30 pm EST||5:30 – 8:30 pm EST|
|East Ridge Elementary||Central High School|
|1014 John Ross Road||5728 TN-58|
|East Ridge, TN 37412||Harrison, TN 37341|
Both sessions will address:
- HCDE Vision and Updates from Dr. Justin Robertson, Chief Schools Officer and Garfield Adams, Director of Exceptional Education
- Services and supports for students with disabilities in Hamilton County schools
- Questions and Answer Time with HCDE leadership and exceptional education team
- Tools and strategies you can use on topics such as inclusion, behavioral supports, life after high school, student progress, and much more!
- 5:30 – 6:00 Light Supper and Table Talk
- 6:00 – 7:30 Information & Interaction
- 7:30 – 8:30 Dessert & One-On-One Discussions with Presenters