Register to vote online by clicking the image above or visiting https://ProudVoter.org/Register/DisabilityRightsTN
Find the 2023 Election Calendar at the TN Secretary of State’s website.
- Tennessee Bill of Voting Rights – Poster featuring the Bill of Voting Rights.
- Tips for Election Officials: Working with Deaf & Hard of Hearing Voters – Flyer for poll workers about working with deaf & hard of hearing voters
- Helping Tennessee Vote – A poll worker’s guide to assisting voters with disabilities.
- Voting Basics Flyer – Rights, responsibilities and resources about voting for people with disabilities.
- Voting Basics: What to know when you go to vote – A resource page created by DRT for basic voting information
- PAVA: Helping Deaf Voters in Tennessee – Article about DRT’s efforts to ease the voting process for people with disabilities in Tennessee
- Poll Site Surveys: Ensuring Voter Access Locally – Article about DRT’s process of assessing poll site accessibility.
- Pledge to Vote! at Disability Day on the Hill – More than 300 people attended Disability Day on the Hill and many of them shared why they plan to vote in 2016 with DRT. What’s the most important issue for Tennesseans with disabilities? Transportation? Housing? Kelsey Loschke, one of DRT’s voting rights advocates shares what we learned on the Hill.
- Accessible Online Voter Registration – An article about OVR and the potential impacts it can have on voting access for Tennesseans with disabilities.
- DRT Collaborates with Tennessee Division of Elections to Increase Access to Online Voter Registration – An article showcasing collaboration between the Tennessee Division of Elections and DRT to increase accessibility of OVR.
- Healthcare Equity – A booklet reviewing inequity in healthcare for Tennesseans with disabilities.
- Voter Registration – Information about how to register to vote online.
- Absentee Voting Flier – Guidance for how to vote absentee from home.
- Register to Vote! – Secretary of State Hargett encourages Tennesseans with disabilities to register to vote at GoVoteTN.gov to let their voices be heard at the polls.
- Disability Voting Rights FAQ – DRT’s Public Policy and Voting rights Attorney answers some of your most frequently asked questions about people with disabilities’ voting rights.
- Accessible Elections for Tennessee Voters – Disability Rights Tennessee partnered with the Tennessee Disability Coalition and the Tennessee Secretary of State to develop this video demonstrating an accessible polling place and voting process for Tennesseans with all types of disabilities. This video is a resource for election officials, poll workers, and the disability community. There are over one million people in Tennessee living with a disability and when we arrive on Election Day to vote, we want what every other voter wants- the ability to cast our ballot privately and independently.
- Deaf Vote TN! Election Guide– A Guide to the Election Process in Tennessee for Deaf Voters
- Voting with an Assistant – This video by Rooted in Rights reviews the voting rights of people with assistants.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act and Other Federal Laws Protecting the Rights of Voters with Disabilities – Information about the voting rights of people with disabilities under the ADA.
- DRT Policy Watch – Receive weekly updates through the legislative session about Tennessee policies that may affect individuals with disabilities by registering here.
- Additional Resources for Voters with Disabilities from the U.S. EAC – More resources for voters with disabilities from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.
- 10 Tips for Voters with Disabilities – Before you vote, make sure you know the voting process. Here are tips to vote privately and independently.
- Voting Resources from The Arc – Get additional voting resources from The Arc and be prepared to vote.
- Restore your Vote – A tool by Campaign Legal Center for voters with past convictions who want to confirm if they’re eligible to vote.
- Abuse & Neglect
- Assistive Technology (AT)
- Client Assistance Program (CAP)
- Community Living
- Conservatorship & Guardianship
- Developmental Disabilities
- Disability Rights
- Effective Communication
- Emergency Planning
- Family Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Law Enforcement & Disability
- Long-Term Services & Supports
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- Service Animals
- Social Security
- Supported Decision Making (SDM)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)