The Tennessee Center for Decision-Making Support is a NEW RESOURCE that can help you learn about decision-making options for people with disabilities – all in one place! You’ll find easy-to-understand information about supported decision-making, power-of-attorney, conservatorship, ABLE accounts, special needs trusts, and more.
- Supported Decision-Making – a bilingual introduction to supported decision-making.
- The TN Center for Decision-Making Support – a bilingual introduction to the TN Center for Decision-Making Support.
- Decision-Making and Students with Disabilities – One page information about supporting student’s decision making in schools
- The Right to Make Choices: International Laws and Decision-Making by People with Disabilities – An plain language guide to Supported Decision Making
- Informed Decision Making: It Takes More Than Practice – An informational piece created by Self Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE) and Green Mountain Self Advocates (GMSA)
- Supported Decision Making for Parents & Educators – Information on assisting students in decision making supports.
- The Tennessee-Center-for-Decision-Making-Support – Resources, tools and information about decision-making options for people with disabilities.
- Supported Decision Making – Information and Resources by the Tennessee Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Dignity of Risk: Video – The Council on Quality and Leadership’s video about the basic human right to make your own decisions, to take risks, to live a life you choose.
- Your Services Should Be All About You: Video – The Council on Quality and Leadership’s video about how services for people with disabilities should be person centered.
- Presuming Competence: Video – This video from The Council on Quality and Leadership discusses presuming competence of people with disabilities, which competence means believing people are capable and that they do understand you even if they don’t outwardly show you that they do.
- Abuse & Neglect
- Assistive Technology (AT)
- Client Assistance Program (CAP)
- Community Living
- Conservatorship & Guardianship
- Developmental Disabilities
- Disability Rights
- Disaster Planning
- Effective Communication
- Family Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Law Enforcement & Disability
- Long-Term Services & Supports
- Mental Health
- Service Animals
- Social Security
- Supported Decision Making (SDM)