DRT offers employment advocacy services throughout the Client Assistance Program (CAP) and Protection & Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS) Program.
Through both of these programs DRT provides education and training about programs, services, and supports available to help Tennesseans with disabilities to obtain, maintain, or regain employment. The goal is to help clients understand their rights and work to resolve barriers to integrated and competitive employment.
- AAPD Career Center - A job posting site focusing on the employment of people with disabilities hosted by the American Association of People with Disabilities. Look for and promote job opportunities.
- JAN - Job Accommodation Network – A source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) – Investigates charges of discrimination against employers who are covered by the law.
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission – An independent state agency responsible for enforcing the Tennessee Human Rights Act and the Tennessee Disability Act which prohibit discrimination in housing, employment, and public accommodation.
- The Tennessee Disability Coalition – An alliance of organizations and individuals joined to promote the full and equal participation of people with disabilities in all aspects of life. Services include: education and training for the public and service providers about public policy, voting accessibility, employment options, and services for individuals with disabilities.
- Deaf Connect of the Mid-south, Inc. – Provides people who are deaf or hard of hearing with advocacy and assistance in employment areas including application completion, resume writing, assistance in resolving issues and/or responding to written requests for information, as well as, sign-language interpreting, sign language classes, and training for interpreters.
- Partnership – Provides people who are deaf or hard of hearing with interpreting services, job placement and retention services, and American Sign Language classes to Chattanooga and surrounding areas.
- Knoxville Center of the Deaf – Provides people who are deaf or hard of hearing with interpreting services, job placement and retention services, and American Sign Language classes to Knoxville and surrounding areas.
- Tennessee Disability Pathfinder – A statewide clearinghouse of disability-related resources and multilingual helpline.
- Tennessee Works – A collaboration of agencies and organizations working together to improve employment outcomes for young people with disabilities. Online resources for students, families, employers, and state systems.